Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lady's Night Out!


Last week some of my girlfriends and I got together to celebrate my birthday a little early cause I would be going out of town on the actual day. We called it Fabulous Shoe Night where we wore our most fabulous shoes out to the Macaroni Grill and ate just about every desert on the menu. haha. It was sooooo much fun!

So much fun that I decided to do it again while I'm in Utah! So, for those of you who will be joining us for conference weekend in the promise land, you MUST come! Even though my birthday is April 3rd, Matt and I will just be getting there that night and we already have plans to go straight to Matt and Shari's house to spend the night, play games and just unwind from being stuck in the car all day.

So the plan is that on Friday, April 4th, we are all going to meet at the dollar theater (AKA: movies 8) in Provo, Ut to see the movie 27 Dresses at 7:05pm. I have been wanting to see this movie for a long time and I hope not a whole lot of you have already seen it! Also, please wear a pair of your most favorite fabulous shoes! It's going to be tons of fun and I couldn't think of any other way I'd rather celebrate than to hang with some of my most favorite ladies!

ps- If you don't know how to get there, just hop on the 15 and exit University Parkway and head east. The theater is past the mall, down the hill on the the left. You can see a map at this website:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/movies+8:%5B1-99%5D+W+University+Pkwy+Provo+UT+84604/#a/search/l::[1-99]+W+University+Pkwy:Provo:UT:84604:US:40.2561:-111.6595:street:Utah+County/m::15:40.261985:-111.665916:0::/so:Movies+8:::d::25:::::/e

You have to zoom out a little to see a better map. Also, no presents please! Just come! Please RSVP in the comments if you are planning on it!

13 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm not sure I have any "fabulous" shoes--I lean toward "nerdy"--but I will SO be there. Count me in! (Movies 8!?!? Oh, the memories! Do you know how many times I saw "Little Mermaid" at the midnight show there? It's such a BYU thing, huh?! Did you know that Katherine Heigl is a JACK MORMON!?! AWESOME!)

Jill Petersen said...

I want to see this movie as well! I love Katherine Heigl so much! What a good chick flick! I only have sassy boots so we'll have to see! I hope the weather will be perfect. I may just have to buy a new pair of fabulous shoes! Good excuse right?! ha ha! I can't wait Amers!

Jill Petersen said...

I want to see this movie as well! I love Katherine Heigl so much! What a good chick flick! I only have sassy boots so we'll have to see! I hope the weather will be perfect. I may just have to buy a new pair of fabulous shoes! Good excuse right?! ha ha! I can't wait Amers!

Miss Megan said...

I am going to TRY to make it. I have to work Friday until 6:30, which doesn't leave me much time to get out the door and drive down to Provo, but I PROMISE I'll try (cute shoes in tow). Kelly and Kiersten and I were all planning on doing a girls night on Friday anyways, so I will call them and see if I can't convince them to change our plans. Either way, I'll let you know! Yeah!

Aim said...

I KNOW! Movies 8 totally reminds me of BYU stuff too! haha! I love that utah does dollar movies. We sooooo need one in helena! I think it would do really well.

Meg- where are you working again? And I won't take no for an answer! You MUST be there! You and Jenn always have the cutest shoes and I'm counting on you to inspire me with the latest fashion tend in your closet!

Can't wait to see you all!

Lyndi said...

Amie, I am flattered that you want me to come, is your mom coming? I only have comfortable shoes these days, I'm too old to go for fun and flashy.....after I wear those kind of shoes, I can't walk, so I go for soft and comfy. I have wanted to see that movie since it came out, but I never have a date these days, and the kids wouldn't get it. So yes I will be there...I think I deverve a night with no kids. ( I think I really deserve a couple of weeks, but that won't happen) Love you! Hey, the next time you come to our house, you can look through my picture files and pick the one you want , and I will get it printed and blown up for you, "K?

Nichole said...

I won't be able to make it to this ladies' night out, but thanks for inviting me the the Montana version. It was a lot of fun. I think I'm hooked on berry tiramisu. FYI - this tax season has been brutal, so I'm planning a short getaway to Billings on April 18 & 19. I thought we could go to the temple, shop, eat good food, and shop some more. It will be a great chance to look for fabulous shoes. I know you often work weekends, but if you could swing it, it would be awesome to have you.

Nichole

Gardner Family said...

Wish I could be there! I have wanted to see that movie ever since it came out! And I even have the shoes in mind that I would wear! Too bad I am not in Utah right now! Have fun and I will be there in spirit!!

PS Jamie - I heard that too. I heard she was raised mormon but not active and I remember her wedding was in Utah a few months ago up in Park City. Fun mormon trivia...gotta love it...;)

Nichole said...

Our getaway to Billings is just for girls. There will probably be at least 2 cars going. Some of us will be leaving Friday morning, and others will be coming up after work. I still have some details to work out. Hope you can come!

erin said...

oh man! I am so bummed I'm going to miss this. I am coming to Utah on Monday....will you still be in town? I would love to see you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

Hey Amie! I just was thinking back on our Freshman year at BYU and thought, "how's Amie doing?" So I googled your blog so I could see what you were up to. :) I hope you had a GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!!!

The Zauss Family Blog said...

Hi Amie. It's fun keeping up with your latest blog and seeing photos of you and your family. Cute. You are such and amazing story teller. I hope I can be like you when I grow up! Ha! Keep up the fun.
Love ya - Mom and Dad Z