Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Immature Side of Me




Ok, so today I was walking around Sportsman's Warehouse to load up on fishing supplies (since it is now that time of year where we waste good money to participate in a sport we always fail at. Seriously! I have never caught a fish in my life, yet every year we invest money onto it. It makes no sense!) and at the check out stand there is a big bucket of assorted Old Fashioned Candies. Among them was this flavor. Now you look at that word in red and tell me how YOU might pronounce that. I am obviously still in the third grade because I started busting out laughing! Even if it is pronounced as a word that is not at all associated with the dairyare, why would you even want to come close like that with a name for candy? I thought it was too funny to pass up so I bought it just for the sake of blogging it. I must admit though, I'm still a little afraid to eat it.

Oh and by the way, our day of fishing ended just like all others in the past. Matt getting frustrated that nothing was biting and no fish. Jake also accidentally dropped his pole off the side of the dock, thus losing it forever. I might as well have just taken $14 and tossed it into the lake! Somewhere down there is a fish swimming around with a Rolex because of all the money that gets dropped into that place. .....and a collection of Spriderman Fishing poles mounted in his trophy room which he shows off to is buddies whenever they come over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think that is bad? Madisen had a preschool teacher whose first name was Anise. Luckily 3 and 4 year olds are not generally clued in to the scientific names of body parts, otherwise "Ms. Anise" I'm sure would have serioulsy considered changing her name.
-Erin Hill

Jill Petersen said...

That is exactly the first thing I thought about when I saw the name! I must be in 3rd grade as well! Your explaination of fishing is so funny! Little fish down there showing off there spiderman fishing rods! Your hilarious Amers!