Friday, July 2, 2010

What a Great Reminder

After finally consenting that the idea of traveling all the way from montana to california by car was not a good one while 7 months pregnant, I was so sad last night. Sad that I would miss out on the family reunion, sad to miss the beach, sad that my kids would not experience Disneyland ("yet" I said). But I must say that not for one minute did I feel resentful for the reason why. I love this little girl and these other things can wait. I'd rather secure her health and safety first. Disneyland will still be there tomorrow.

I felt even better this morning as I thought about this and saw this new Mormon Message about mothers. Totally cried.

5 comments:

Adele said...

thanks amie... i needed that today...

Heidi Reads... said...

You will be missed!!! Take good care of the sweet bun in your oven :)

carolyn Zauss said...

Amie, you made me cry too. Thanks for sharing. I love you. You all will all be so missed at the reunion but for a super great reason. We will see you after Halloween! :0) All five of you. Sweet!!!!!!
Mom and Dad Z

Jill Petersen said...

That was absolutely beautiful. Love Holland, and love his message. I am praying for you and your growing family! I miss you!

Joy Jill Barker said...

Hey we'll be missing it together! And I've never even been to one... :(