Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Morning Sickness Blaa


The past couple days I've been REALLY sick. Super super nauseous all the time. I don't remember being this way with the boys, which means that either a.) I have a horrible memory or b.) I might be pregnant with a girl this time. Both are totally plausible.

Yesterday was the worst yet. The only things I could stand to eat for most the day was 1 hard boiled egg and a few bites of oatmeal. I hate oatmeal by the way, but the last time I threw up it was so acidic that it burned my throat raw and seared my lips so they are cracked and bleeding today. I definitely was afraid to eat anything with any kind of citric acid so, oatmeal it was.

I called up my OB office finally at about 4 to beg the nurse to put me out of my misery. She told me (in her over upbeat voice) that I should try some soda and crackers. HA! Thanks Copernicus! The 1940's called, they want their top of the line advice back. She did tell me that I wasn't drinking enough though and that if I threw up that much acid again that I should go to the ER and get an IV. So, needless to say (even though it's not appealing at all) I've been suckn down the liquids like crazy today and I do feel a bit better. This morning for breakfast I had handful of Chex cereal and a grape popsicle.

My wonderful heaven sent has been my husband who yesterday let me lay in bed and on the couch and brought me everything I wanted. He fed the kids dinner and gave them a bath and even went to Home Depot to fix the stair ledge. This morning, he blew dry my hair in bed so that I wouldn't get cold. He is, in a word.... my Superman.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

ahhhhh, this is so CUTE! My brother certainly does rock! And while I am sad that you are sick (believe me, I feel ya--I got fluids with Addie THREE FREAKING TIMES), I am excited that it might be a girl! Hey, will you try to unisom and vitamin B6 trick? can't hurt, might help...it didn't ALWAYS keep me from barfing in the morning, but it DEFINEITELY ALWAYS took the edge off the nausea. Try it--half a unisom (the little blue tablets, not the liquids)and a B6 vitamin at bedtime, and keep a drink of water by your nightstand! love you! feel better soon (by 16 weeks, anyway!)

Jamie said...

PS: loved the COPERNICUS reference...one more benefit of living in MT, on the cutting edge of medical technology!

Marie Louise said...

I love that Matt has been spoiling you! When ever he is working, and you still need spoiling, just give me a call. Don't worry, I will make you return the favor in a few months... I kept Graham Crakers and water by my bed... Seemed to help. Sucking on a mint helped with the nausea too. Ok, so nothing works. Unfortunaly that's just the pits of being pregnant, and I WILL NOT tell you to just think of the little "precious" baby inside of you, cause when you feel like crap, it just doesn't seen to matter. Love you.

Aim said...

I actually am trying to do the whole vit b6 unisom thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Either way, i'm never totally nausea free. But any good tricks you can think of, I'm up for almost anything ...almost. One of the books said suck on ginger, which I can't even stand to smell right now.

And Marie, I want you to know that I busted out laughing when you said "ok, so nothing works." Then I cried a little. hahaha.

Jon and Cheryl said...

Tell Nurse perky Polly to call you in a perscription for some Zofran. I was sooooo sick with Mallory and they gave me phenergan(which did not work). Ginger ale helped a bit....on the bright side.....your nausea is coming from the increase in hormones, necessary to support a healthy pregnancy :) love you!

Aim said...

Nurse Cheryl!!

I was just thinking of you! I was thinking, my cousin Cheryl's a nurse, I wonder if she knows any good drugs. And you do! I'll ask my doc about it at my appointment on the 18th if I'm still super sick. Miss you!

Joy Jill Barker said...

Yet another reason that I am not wanting kids yet... I liked your story though, funny but sad at the same time :) It's funny cause it's not me. I would think that chex and a Popsicle for breakfast would make you barf... but at least you got something down :) Hope you get to the fun stage of pregnancy quick!

Jill Petersen said...

I love that Matt blow dried your hair in bed! He IS Superman! Love my bro!

I was going to say what Jamie and Cheryl said- Just try and get a lot of rest and sleep through the next month! Ha Ha! I love you Aimers.

Aim said...

Oh but Joy! Just think of all the wonderful things that come after the baby is born! All the diaper changing and sleepless nights, the snotty noses, the crying and back talking. Common! You know you wanna jump on that bandwagon! hahaha.

The Lyon Den said...

What a NICE husband you have. I don't think that I could get mine to do that. In fact I know he wouldn't do that, even though I haven't got that much hair to be had! But any who, I remember feeling so blah with my little Sophie Soph, I think I lived on peppermint gum, jolly ranchers and oranges. I also got a little help from the Dr too. But I hope you feel better and go get yourself some peppermint gum. It will help!