Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Done!

Last night I finally finished the last book of the Twilight series. Well, I shouldn't say FINALLY because it's not like it took me long to read it. 2600 pages in about 2 weeks. Thats the fastest I've ever read anything! But now that the final page has turned and the last word is read, even tho I'm thrilled with how everything turned out, I'm so sad that it's over!

I feel weird waking up this morning with no book to take with me to the gym. No book to read at nap time. No book to read at night after work while everyone is asleep! I've never felt empty like this after reading a book series. Like I just lost a good friend. I think it's mostly because it was such a long series that took up so much of my extra time. Everyday seems longer now that I have nothing to look forward to during those quiet hours to myself. ...Time for a new book! Any recommendations? What are your favorite books? I'm gonna need a good rebound book after something like Twilight!

7 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Yay! You finished! I'm so glad that you liked the books as much as I did - and that you pushed through your frustration with New Moon. I felt that way for a few days after I finished - it's over? Although she still has to finish her Twilight from Edwards perspective, and I heard she also plans to write more about Jacob and Renesmee.

As for recommendations....where do I start?! Are you looking for another romance? If so, I would recommend just about anything by author Shannon Hale. I myself have been reading a lot of teen fiction lately. I just finished the Stargirl books by Jerry Spinelli and I HIGHLY recommend those. Good luck on your next endeavor!

Adele said...

You're happy with the ending? Ughh.. I'm not.. I hate Jacob and I wish he hadn't imprinted... ughh. Anyway- one of my favorite books is "Peace Like a River" by Leif Enger. I also love "The Secret Life of Bees" have you read either one of those??

RRantamaki said...

Well then, let me suggest another book that's equally as difficult to put down...

The newly released, "Mental Notes: From the Brink of Reality" (Now availavle at Lulu.com)

It has all the mystery and intrigue one would expect from a book authored by a lunatic. AND it was voted "Best Coaster" by Coffee Table Illustrated! Take that ShamWow!

Brittany Celeste said...

I know what you mean about a let-down after a long time reading. I always feel a litte depressed after something I've put so much time into. But, only a week more till the movie!! Have you bought tickets already? Also, I enjoyed Stephenie's, THe HOST. Some people didn't like it so much, but I was okay with it.

Aim said...

I have a suggestion... Its called "You could have so much more fun with your husband rather reading those silly books" its a good book, i know, i wrote it and i will tell you what! the ending is orgasmic. ha ha.

Love you
Matt

AuntieM said...

Matt has the right Idea. Also a great historic read is the Book of Mormon. Lots of love and intrigue. Hugs Auntie M

MaiTy said...

I know exactly how you feel. I read them all really fast too...after years of saying I would never touch them, only because EVERYONE was reading them. I think she set herself up perfectly for a 5th book and I really wish she would write one!!