Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Letter To Emily



Emily,

Tonight you sat with me in the kitchen in your swing while I made Alfredo for the boys.
You were not happy about the swing.
I put on some music and scooped you up.
The snow fell outside,
the noodles boiled over.
Snuggly wool socks on a hardwood floor,
I whispered in your ear how much I love you and we danced.
.....It was magical.

I hope we do this often as you grow older.


All my love,
Mom

PS- The song was Will.i.am's "What I am"- courtesy of Aunt Jamie's blog.



5 comments:

The Lyon Den said...

She is adorable. I hope I get to meet her sometime. Congrats to you and the family!

Miss Megan said...

We got the card in the mail. So cute! Thanks for sharing baby Emily with us!

Jamie said...

Hi Aim! Hey, about the blog books--I have not yet published mine (I do download tehm to my hard drive as documents so i can edit them someday and do just that, though; I am too sloppy online to use what's on the web in print--it would drive the English Major in me crazy!)HOWEVER, I have seen a few friends' do it with blurb/slurp and they turned out reeeeally nice. I hear it's a super easy process as well.

Gardner Family said...

So happy that your sweet Emily has joined your family.

We hope our third is a girl! We did the needle and thread test and it went in a circle! So our fingers are crossed!

erin said...

what a cutie!! I had lost your blog, I'm so glad I found you again! CONGRATS!! She is so stinkin adorable!