Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today


I woke up to an alarm
I prayed
I sliced fresh strawberries atop of snap crackle and pop
I took first day of school pictures
I cried
I took the little man to school
I rode on a yellow school bus (tour)
I sat in a chair too small for me
I saw my son sit in a chair just his size
I cried
I swung on a metal swing set
I climbed a jungle gym
I did a summersault on a metal bar
I watched my boys play
I cried again

...three times. Not too bad. First real day of school is tomorrow though...

4 comments:

Cliff and Cynthia (at home at work at play) said...

I've been feeling it ALL day! Oh--how I remember!
Except included writing a name and putting a heart on the brown paper bag lunch and doing hair.

Unknown said...

It is always tuff to send your first baby off on the bus to school. It gets easier with each child...then it kills you to send your last baby off. Kiss Jake and Sammy for me. love you!

Nichole said...

I cried every morning for about a week when Dallin started school. I managed to keep it together until after I dropped him off, but watching my baby with his little backpack on walking into school like a big boy is too much for a mom to bear silently.

Brittany Celeste said...

I was wondering how it went for you and Jake. Oh, how fast they are growing up! Good luck with tomorrow.