Sunday, October 26, 2008

Kids Say The Darndest Things

So my youngest son Sammy graduated to big boy pants last week and is fully potty trained! WOOO WHOOO! If you're a parent, you'll understand what an amazing feat this is. It's strange not to change diapers anymore. Weird. Like we've moved onto a new chapter in life. Who knows how long it will stay that way but we are enjoying it while it lasts.

The interesting thing about potty training boys though is that once they get there, it's like they've discovered they have a we we for the first time...and they want every one to know about it! So they start doing things like exposing themselves in public and peeing outdoors. Yes, its a lovely new life we are embarking on.

Anyway, so this morning we are getting ready for church and Matt is getting the kids ready. When he goes to get Sam, he finds him sitting on the floor in his room butt naked focusing intently on his pee pee. Then, when he notices Dad is standing by him he looks up and says

"Look at my pee pee dad.... it's awesome!"

I just about died.

6 comments:

Jon and Cheryl said...

Yea, I need to look into this whole potty training thing...I just paid $43 for a box of diapers at Costco. Inflation I tell you!!! I think Brady is too young right now though....but what's another $500 on diapers for him over the next year? Jon says he wants to look into cloth diapers, and I told him as long as he was willing to wash them!! I gag everytime my mom tells me about washing out my cloth diapers....I never would have made it as a pioneer, or basically any other time than now :) --cher

Nichole said...

Congrats on the potty training! It was a happy day when Dallin was FINALLY potty trained. He was 3! Obviously, I'm no pro at potty training. Anyway, just wait until your kids start school. Then, they come home with all kinds of new names for their "pee pees."

Jill Petersen said...

Oh my goodness! I get stuff like that from my boys a lot! I try not to laugh but let's face it- Saying that your pee pee is awesome is so so funny!!!


My favorite story about Jack happened a while ago during his bath. He was playing with toys and roll playing with them. He was doing both the voices of the guys he had and said "Get off Jack's pee pee"! Third person! I laughed all day!

Congrats Sammy! We love you!

Miss Megan said...

Ha ha ha! Yes! That is so great. Make sure you write that one down in your journal - that's one you will want to repeat at his wedding "roast". I love stuff like that!

Joy and Brian Barker said...

I remember the time I discovered I had a pee pee. It was where my sisters foot landed was the first time she got really mad at me. Actually I don't remember when I first discovered it but do know that the first time I could stand up and pee was the greatest day ever. It was like I was becoming a man.

Gardner Family said...

I am super jealous! Diapers are so expensive. Even the AFFES brand has gone up like $5.00 bucks.

We have been working on potty training. Ben just isn't fully ready and I don't want want to push it. How old is Sammy again? Ben is 2 1/2. I'm not worried about the Benji. It will happen when he's ready. Just jealous of you...... ;)

Dan will be home in a few weeks for his leave for Baby Zach's arrival. Maybe he can help Ben out with the whole standing up thing while he's here. :)