Monday, June 25, 2007

Dr. Bean

My therapist looks strangely similar to Mr. Bean which is a little distracting to me when we are in session. I am able to concentrate when he is speaking to me but when I am speaking and he is listening it's amazingly difficult to keep from laughing because he puts his hand to his chin and gets an intensely pensive look on his face. When I'm done talking I almost halfway expect him to stand up and do a small skit using no words but only body language to tell me what I should do with my life. I tell ya what, the imaginations of my mind make it incredibly hard to concentrate sometimes on matters at hand.

Take for instance a hypothetical situation. Say for example a friend comes to me and starts telling me about her cat. Cats automatically make me think of one cat in my childhood that was such a sickly cat who had diarrhea all the time. We used to call her Lady Bain the Poop Stain. Now the poor kitty's condition wasn't very funny but the name was hilarious! So while my friend is just finishing telling me how her cat recently died, I'm still giggling a little about Lady Bain! See what I mean!!? My mind is against me I'm telling you!

Anyway one of these days my therapist is going to be sitting there telling me I have a rare form of dementia and I won't be able to stop laughing because sometime during that speech he's gonna make this face....

1 comment:

Laura said...

HOLY CRAP I am laughing so hard that I just woke Darrin up!!! I have tears running down my face. You a very funny lady. I love you!!!! I am so gald that JAke is feeling better and the little old lady isn't dead. That would have made the second murder this year! HA