Saturday, June 4, 2011

In Training

Operation Smile 5k, completed! Next....


I was invited to participate in this AWESOME race by some of my 3rd and 4th Ward girlfriends. I CANNOT wait! I'm taking any and all tips for endurance running and costume ideas since I will be competing in the costume portion of the race.

Our team is comprised of all young moms so our team name is "Run Like A Mother." Not as cool as my idea of "Trophy Wives," but still funny. I kinda want a costume that has to do with our name, even though the two don't have to correlate. I thought it would be funny if I got a bunch of baby dolls and strapped them all over myself while running (quintessential mom) but that would be too heavy to run a 5k in. I need something light weight and fantastic!
Any ideas?



6 comments:

Sara Hamlin said...

wear your snuggly and put a baby doll in that. That wouldn't be to heavy. or maybe some how get one of the bike baskets and tie that on and put a baby in there.

Anonymous said...

I think you should put curlers in your hair and wear light weight bath robes. glue missing socks from the laundry to your butt. that'd be funny too. You could always tape a baby doll to your leg like they are taking a ride. Call me!
Camille

Aim said...

Hahaha! That is the winner idea so far Camille! LOVE IT!

Lyndi said...

If you could find some little blow- up babies, they would be light weight, or you could just put a small pillow in your shirt and shorts and be pregers.

Aim said...

oh my gosh! PREGNANT! That is SUCH a good idea mama!!

MaiTy said...

Hey Amie! Come on over, I'd love to meet Emily! Plus, we need someone to eat all our mango's! :) Our house is on the North Shore, in Waialua near Haleiwa. We LOVE it!