Thursday, July 16, 2009

Grateful



Yesterday, despite the stresses of our lives (which seem to be many these days) I sat back and reflected how I had seen the Lord's hand in my life. It was then that I was overwhelmingly grateful to be married to a man who continually finds the courage to stand for what he believes in, even against those perhaps he loves the most. To my shame, sometimes against me. Sometimes against family. Sometimes against people he's never met before. On a consistent basis I have witnessed him choose to be the change he wants to see in this world. And because he is imperfect I feel that is what makes him the most valuable because he's seen, as I have, what excitements sin can hold, yet he still strives to hold on to the changes he has made and do what is right.

Parents are correct when they say that their children "just won't listen." They don't....They watch. How grateful I am this day for the example Matt sets for our children and for me.

No comments: