Monday, April 27, 2009

Gossip

Every place I’ve worked has always had gossip. Always. Normally it doesn’t bother me but this job at the Mac Grill seems to be so much worse than usual. The servers especially tend to have the most difficulty keeping absurd juicy rumors to themselves. It’s actually quite humorous to watch them make a transformation from talking with a guest at their table. Refined, professional, dignified…..




To….




These girls are mort attractive than I see in my head but if you can imagine them 20 years older, snapping their gum in between pulls from a cigarette, you'd catch more my drift.

Every time they open their mouths to spread idle (and sometimes hurtful) gossip I get this image in my head. It’s so unattractive. What’s hilarious is when I catch myself participating in the same crap and I see myself in that same get up. It’s really a very effective method for breaking the habbit.

2 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

I am sorry you have to deal with that but at least it stops you from doing the same thing! I try hard to keep my mouth closed but apparently I am the mouth of the fam! I need to go work at Mac Grill!

Jamie said...

You should google the song,"I Say Nothing" by Voice of the Beehive. It was my anthem back in the girly college days.

And, hey, I really miss ya!!!! I am not so sick lately, we should hang! XOXO